This helpful information hub is aimed at keeping you, our customers, as informed as possible and guiding you through these extremely challenging times.
The global spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) is affecting each and every one of us in how we live and work in Ireland today. During this unprecedented and challenging time, we would like to assure our customers that we are still here and doing all we can to meet your individual needs.
Our greatest concern and priority right now is the health of our customers and employees. As an essential service, we are strictly following the advice of health authorities and many of our team have moved to flexible working. This is in order to accommodate the physical distancing that our response to this virus demands.
However, like many businesses, this decision has affected our capacity to deliver, but we are doing everything we can to maintain the best possible service for our customers.
A Message From Bord Gáis Energy
The Managing Director at Bord Gáis Energy, Catherine O'Kelly, has shared an open letter on dealing with a global pandemic of an unprecedented scale and what Bord Gáis Energy have been doing to keep our operations running as smoothly as possible for our customers.Learn more
COVID-19 Supply Suspension Scheme
The COVID-19 Supply Suspension Scheme is part of the Commission for Regulation of Utilities’ (CRU) response to the unique and extraordinary circumstances presented by COVID-19. The scheme aims to help Small and Medium sized Enterprises (SMEs) in managing the costs associated with their energy supply when temporarily closed as a result of COVID-19 restrictions. At Bord Gáis Energy we understand that businesses are facing many challenges and we want to help all customers that are eligible avail of this Scheme.Learn more
Submitting a Meter Reading
If you submit meter readings regularly, it can help to increase the accuracy of your bills.
You can now submit your gas or electricity meter readings online, just simply sign in, select the account you want to submit a reading for and click on "Submit a reading".
You can submit a gas or an electricity meter reading through your Bord Gáis Energy online account if you are a registered user;Sign in
If you are not a registered user, you can register for an online account to submit a meter reading;Register
If you have further questions about submitting a meter read you can visit help and questions;Learn more
Gas and Electricity Price Drop
Bord Gáis Energy has cut the cost of energy for their customers across electricity and gas, and the significant price drop for residential gas and electricity customers will take effect from 1 May 2020, with savings for householders across the country.Learn more
Whether you’re new to Bord Gáis Energy, or already with us, we have the right plan for you.Switch now
Boiler Breakdown and Repair
As an essential service, our boiler care team will remain available to carry out urgent repair and servicing work on boiler breakdowns for those who are most in need or without heat. We are still here to help during this challenging time and if you need to get in touch with us, please call us on 01 611 01 01. We will have some screening questions for you to answer before our engineer will go into your home. It is essential that you are available to take this call.
- Our Service Engineers are fully insured and RGII certified
- Your boiler will be repaired to the highest standards
- All parts used meet approved Bord Gáis Energy standards
If your heating has stopped working, it could be something simple that’s causing an issue. Before you call an engineer, we have some tips from our experts on simple steps you can take that might help get some heat back into your home.Helpful Tips
Local Heroes are continuing to operate, however due to Covid-19, only essential jobs can be booked at this time.
Here are the trades you can find on LocalHeroes.ie:
- Oil Heating Engineer
- Drainage Engineer
- Gas Service & Repair
- Gas Boiler Install
All of the tradespeople on the Local Heroes platform are vetted when they register as a Local Hero to make sure they have the right qualifications to do the job. And the work is guaranteed by Bord Gáis Energy* for 12 months.Find a Local Hero
If you are worried about meeting your energy repayments, please call us on 01 611 01 06 (Home Energy) and we will help find a resolution together. If you're a Business Customers, call us on 01 611 01 92.
We also have a 24-hour automated telephone service, where you can pay your bill, check your latest account and billing details, make a payment or submit a meter reading.
Online Account Management
We're living in very uncertain times, and that's why, more than ever, we believe in making things as simple as possible for you.
While we're always happy to help and talk to you about your account, over the coming days and weeks we may experience higher call volumes which means you may have to wait longer than we'd like.
That's why we wanted to let you know about some of the features of our Online Account Management tool. It's available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and lets you manage most aspects of your account. Such as?
- Viewing bills and transactions - View, download, save and print a PDF version of your bill.
- Paying bills - Pay your bill online and save your card details, making future payment easier.
- Direct Debit - Sign up for Direct Debit through your online account.
- Submit a meter reading - Submit meter reads at a time that suits you. Submitting frequent meter reads helps improve the accuracy of your bills.
We have lots of unmissable Rewards that you can avail of through our Rewards club;
- With our Tesco partnership you can Boost your existing Tesco Clubcard vouchers to double the savings made off your gas, electricity or HomeCare bills.
- Thanks to our partnership with Circle K, you can save 3 cent per litre with our fuel card.
- We’ve team teamed up with Shaw Academy to offer our Reward Club members a free 4-week online course.
Register for Rewards today;Register now
Paying your bills through your online account is a convenient and secure payment method. Once you sign-in to your online account, select the account and then 'Payment Options' that appears underneath.
- Enter the payment amount you wish to make and press submit. You will now be redirected to Realex Payments, who operate a secure payment service on behalf of Bord Gáis Energy.
- You can pay online using a Visa, MasterCard, Laser or Visa Debit Card. Complete all the payment details and be patient while this secure connection loads in your browser. You will receive confirmation on-screen to let you know your payment has been successful.
If you haven't registered for your online account, rest assured it's easy and should only take a minute or two.Sign in or Register
If you don't want to register for an online account you can still make a payment online.
All you need is your account number and your GPRN/MPRN which you can find on the top right of your bill.Pay Online
Please note that payments will take 3 working days to process.
When you turn on paperless billing, we will no longer send your bill in the post. Instead, we will send you an email notification to let you know that your bill is available to view online.
- Receive 3% discount on your energy
- Declutter your home by reducing the amount of bills and letters you receive
- Access information instantly in a safe and secure way
- Contribute to a greener environment
Sign in to your online account or register, to get signed up for paperless.Sign in or Register
We're here to help
The global spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) is affecting each and every one of us in how we live and work in Ireland today. During this unprecedented and challenging time, we want to assure you that we're still here and doing all we can to help.
- Boiler Breakdown: please call us on 01 611 01 01.
- Energy repayments: please call us on 01 611 01 06 and we will help find a resolution together.
- Online Payments: Register for an online account or make a one off payment online
- Other Questions: Visit the Help section of our site