It Helps if it's Bord Gáis Energy
This helpful information hub is aimed at keeping you, our customers, as informed as possible and guiding you through these extremely challenging times.
The global spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) is affecting each and every one of us in how we live and work in Ireland today. During this unprecedented and challenging time, we would like to assure our customers that we are still here and doing all we can to meet your individual needs.
Our greatest concern and priority right now is the health of our customers and employees. As an essential service, we are strictly following the advice of health authorities and many of our team have moved to flexible working. This is in order to accommodate the physical distancing that our response to this virus demands.
Boiler Breakdown and Repair
During this winter period, we are committed to leaving no one in the cold. Customers can rest assured that we will continue to carry out service and repair work and if anyone has concerns about their boiler, we have safe working practices in place to protect our customers and employees.
Before an engineer calls to any home, we have screening questions for customers to answer and have a robust set of procedures in place to keep both our customers and our engineers safe, to prevent against community transmission of Covid-19.
- Our Service Engineers are fully insured and RGII certified
- Your boiler will be repaired to the highest standards
- All parts used meet approved Bord Gáis Energy standards
If your heating has stopped working, it could be something simple that’s causing an issue. Before you call an engineer, we have some tips from our experts on simple steps you can take that might help get some heat back into your home.Helpful Tips
For help with servicing and repairs you can visit our online services hubServices
Whatever you need, there’s a Local Hero for that
Local Heroes trusted tradespeople in your area, will continue to carry out service and repair work, while adhering to the HSE Guidelines at all times. All work comes with a 12-month guarantee backed by Bord Gáis Energy.
Get matched with local tradespeople today for a free estimate.Visit Localheroes.ie
If you are worried about meeting your energy repayments, please call us on 01 611 01 06 (Home Energy) and we will help find a resolution together. If you're a Business Customer, call us on 01 611 01 92.
We also have a 24-hour automated telephone service, where you can pay your bill, check your latest account and billing details, make a payment or submit a meter reading.
Given the uncertainty around Covid at the moment we are seeing increased call volume, why not visit the help area of our website for up to date answers on frequently asked questionsFAQ's
We encourage our customers on gas or electricity Pay As You Go Meters to top up sufficiently, and ask vulnerable customers to communicate with those in their social bubble (family/ friend/neighbour) to top up their meters sufficiently to ensure continuity of supply.
Paying your bills through your online account is a convenient and secure payment method. Once you sign-in to your online account, select the account and then 'Payment Options' that appears underneath.
- Enter the payment amount you wish to make and press submit. You will now be redirected to Realex Payments, who operate a secure payment service on behalf of Bord Gáis Energy.
- You can pay online using a Visa, MasterCard, Laser or Visa Debit Card. Complete all the payment details and be patient while this secure connection loads in your browser. You will receive confirmation on-screen to let you know your payment has been successful.
If you haven't registered for your online account, rest assured it's easy and should only take a minute or two.Sign in or Register
If you don't want to register for an online account you can still make a payment online.
All you need is your account number and your GPRN/MPRN which you can find on the top right of your bill.Pay Online
Please note that payments will take 3 working days to process.
Submitting a Meter Reading
If you submit meter readings regularly, it can help to increase the accuracy of your bills.
Over the past few months, ESBN and GNI may not have been able to access homes across the country for meter reads. To ensure bills are as accurate as possible, we would encourage householders to submit meter reads online or through our call centre. Alternatively, ESBN and GNI will send meter read reminders and the simplest thing to do is respond to those texts.
You can submit your gas or electricity meter readings online, just simply sign in, select the account you want to submit a reading for and click on "Submit a reading".
You can submit a gas or an electricity meter reading through your Bord Gáis Energy online account if you are a registered user;Login
If you are not a registered user, you can register for an online account to submit a meter reading;Register
Submitting a meter reading
If you have further questions about submitting a meter read you can visit help and questionsLearn more
Gas Networks Ireland (GNI) and ESB Networks have suspended taking indoor meter readings due to Covid-19 restrictions. This means that if you have an indoor meter, unless you submit a meter read, your next bill will be based on an estimate read.Learn more
Online Account Management
We're living in very uncertain times, and that's why, more than ever, we believe in making things as simple as possible for you.
While we're always happy to help and talk to you about your account, over the coming days and weeks we may experience higher call volumes which means you may have to wait longer than we'd like.
That's why we wanted to let you know about some of the features of our Online Account Management tool. It's available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and lets you manage most aspects of your account. Such as?
- Viewing bills and transactions - View, download, save and print a PDF version of your bill.
- Paying bills - Pay your bill online and save your card details, making future payment easier.
- Direct Debit - Sign up for Direct Debit through your online account.
- Submit a meter reading - Submit meter reads at a time that suits you. Submitting frequent meter reads helps improve the accuracy of your bills.
When you turn on paperless billing, we will no longer send your bill in the post. Instead, we will send you an email notification to let you know that your bill is available to view online.
- Receive 3% discount on your energy
- Declutter your home by reducing the amount of bills and letters you receive
- Access information instantly in a safe and secure way
- Contribute to a greener environment
Sign in to your online account or register, to get signed up for paperless.Sign in or Register
Our Winter Price Pledge
This winter, value for money is even more important than ever. That’s why we’re freezing our gas and electricity prices so you can keep cosy for the same great value. It’s our Winter Price Pledge.
Bord Gáis Energy Managing Director, Dave Kirwan, said: “As the country faces its most challenging winter in a lifetime, Bord Gáis Energy will freeze its residential gas and electricity prices despite the increased network and system costs announced recently by the CRU. We will absorb these additional costs, which are outside of our control, and are guaranteeing no price increases for residential customers until at least March 2021.”
‘As the helpful energy company, we’ve always committed to pass on savings where we can. This has been demonstrated by two price reductions for dual fuel customers in the last 12 months. In October 2019, we were the only energy provider to reduce prices before the winter period and we also reduced prices in May of this year. Combined, these two price reductions saved dual fuel customers an average of €97.53 per annum.*
*The Public Service Obligation Levy is a government subsidy. The Commission for Regulation of Utilities has announced an increase in PSO of 129% for households effective from 1 October 2020.
We have lots of unmissable Rewards that you can avail of through our Rewards club;
- With our Tesco partnership you can Boost your existing Tesco Clubcard vouchers to double the savings made off your gas, electricity or HomeCare bills.
- Thanks to our partnership with Circle K, you can save 3 cent per litre with our fuel card.
- We’ve team teamed up with Shaw Academy to offer our Reward Club members a free 4-week online course.
Register for Rewards today;Register now
We're here to help
The global spread of the Coronavirus (Covid-19) is affecting each and every one of us in how we live and work in Ireland today. During this unprecedented and challenging time, we want to assure you that we're still here and doing all we can to help.
- Boiler Breakdown: please call us on 01 611 01 01.
- Energy repayments: please call us on 01 611 01 06 and we will help find a resolution together.
- Online Payments: Register for an online account or make a one off payment online
- Other Questions: Visit the Help section of our site