Who we are
We're Bord Gáis Energy, an energy services and supply company, committed to satisfying the changing needs of our customers.
We’ve been in operation since 1976 and today provide gas, electricity and home care services to over 730,000 residential and business customers throughout the country. Our main locations in Ireland are in Dublin and Cork but you’re probably more familiar with our sponsorship programmes and boiler service engineers who are out and about visiting homes, businesses and communities. You’ll know them by their smiles, uniforms and their photo identification cards.
In July 2014 we became part of the global Centrica plc Group. Centrica is active in the energy chain − from sourcing it to saving it − and this helps us operate more efficiently. You can find out more about our parent company Centrica.
What we do
Bord Gáis Energy generates, sells and trades energy for use in the Republic of Ireland. We own a state of the art 445MW Power Generation Plant in Whitegate, Co. Cork which can power up to 400,000 homes.
To make sure we always have enough energy to go around, our Energy Trading Team is busy buying gas and electricity on the international wholesale markets for use here for 19 hours each day. When we generate more energy than we need, we sell and trade it. People like you buy it to power your homes, businesses and communities.
With over 30 years’ experience, we're the largest provider of boiler servicing and repair in Ireland and have carried out over 1 million boiler services in Irish households. We also offer a range of smart energy products and services, for example Hive and Panoramic Power, to help householders and businesses manage their energy more efficiently.
In 2012, we set up the Bord Gáis Energy Rewards Club as a way of rewarding customer loyalty and currently our Rewards Club has over 275,000 members. To sign up or view our unmissable offers visit our Rewards Club.
How we work with you
There’s a very important link in our energy supply chain – the one between you and us. We know that our business relies on our customers so we do our best to hire people that understand the importance of an excellent service and value for money.
To ensure we stay focused on our customers’ needs we’ve also developed the following company values:
We care deeply about our impact
- The safety of our team and of others around us is paramount
- We respect others, and the trust they place in us
- We want to make a difference to society and those we touch
- We have a sense of responsibility which goes beyond our job
We do things right and deliver
- We value delivering great service and customer outcomes
- We are rigorous, do things the right way, and follow best practice
- We appreciate the journey as well as the results
- We seek simplicity, efficiency and continuous improvement
Together we win
- We enjoy working with others
- We believe relationships and partnerships are fundamental
- We are best when we work as a team
- We seek out views and mutual understanding, even from our harshest critics
We are nimble, curious and innovative
- We don’t stand still and know when to change
- We seek out new things which will make a difference
- We are restless, always looking to do better
- We embrace the ideas and perspectives of others
We step up and take responsibility
- We pursue the right outcome, knowing it is rarely easy
- We are prepared to stand for what we believe
- We will challenge where we believe the path is wrong
- We face into the challenge and grasp the opportunity
Our Values and Our Code demonstrate our commitment to being a responsible business and bind us together in common pursuit of our strategy and purpose. Find out more on centrica.com
Our HomeCare Team
Natural gas is a very safe type of energy. But it’s important to be careful and make sure your gas supply and the equipment you use is as safe as possible. That’s why our HomeCare Team is available to look after everyone’s boiler needs – customers and non-customers – seven days a week. Minding your boiler means it works efficiently, operates safely and lasts longer.
Learn more about Gas Boiler Care