Your Privacy Information
At Bord Gáis Energy, (a member of the Centrica plc group of companies) the protection of your personal information is important. We respect your privacy and want you to understand what we do with the information we hold about you.
On this page, you can find key privacy information, and links to read more about how we use your personal data. We’ve also put our privacy team’s contact details below, just in case you have any questions or want to get in touch.
For a general summary of changes to data protection law brought about by the 'GDPR' (General Data Protection Regulation, download our handy GDPR guide.
Bord Gáis Energy, and other companies in the Centrica plc group of companies, process your personal data in a number of ways, and this will depend on whether you are a customer of ours or if you just visit our website.
Our Privacy Notices set out the ways in which we use your data, and we have listed all the Privacy Notices below which apply to our different customers:
Energy customers: please download our Gas & Electricity supply Privacy Notice.
If you are a business customer and you are a sole trader or a partnership, the above Privacy Notice will also apply to you.
- Gas Boiler Services, Installation, Repair and Power Flushing Services customers: please download the Boiler Services, Boiler Repairs, Boiler Installations and Power Flushing Services Privacy Notice.
- If you are also a member of our Rewards Club, the above Privacy Notices will also apply to you.
- Visitors to our website, whether or not you are a customer: please visit our website Privacy Notice and Cookie Notice.
- If you purchase a Hive product from Bord Gáis Energy or have Hive Active Heating installed by us, please download our Hive Sale and Installation Privacy Notice.
- For your ongoing use of Hive, the data controller is Centrica Hive Limited, and the Privacy Notice at www.hivehome.com/ie/privacy will apply to you.
- Electric Vehicle Charger customers: please download the Electric Vehicle Charger Privacy Notice.
- Heat Pump Repair & Heat Pump Service customers: please download the Heat Pump Repair & Heat Pump Service Privacy Notice.
- Heat Pump Installation customers: please download the Heat Pump Installation Privacy Notice.
- Oil Boiler Services customers: please download the Oil Boiler Repair & Oil Boiler Care Privacy Notice.
- Solar PV Installation customers: please download Solar Photovoltaic (PV) System Purchase and Installation Privacy Notice
In the event of any privacy-related query or complaint, to exercise your rights, or to contact our data protection officer, please email email@example.com or write to us at Bord Gáis Energy, Data Governance Officer, P.O. Box 10943, Warrington Place, Dublin 2.
If you are unhappy with the way we are using your personal information you can also complain to the Data Protection Commission, Office of the Data Protection Commission, Canal House, Station Road, Portarlington, Co. Laois, R32 AP23, Ireland.
Changes to our Privacy Notices
We may update our Privacy Notices from time to time. When we change a Privacy Notice in a material way, we will update the version date at the bottom of this page. For significant changes to this notice we will try to give you reasonable notice unless we are prevented from doing so. Where required by law we will seek your consent to changes in the way we use your personal information.
Marketing opt-out form
How to exercise your right of opt-out
When you register with Bord Gáis Energy, you can choose your marketing preferences. This tells us how you would like to be contacted to learn about our promotions and offers. If you have multiple accounts with Bord Gáis Energy, you should check that your preferences are recorded accurately to tell us which accounts you wish to opt-out from. If you do not have an online account, you can complete an opt-out form here.
You can also opt-out by changing your marketing preferences from your online profile page. Please note that changes in marketing preferences may take up to 5 working days to become effective.Visit your profile
Or write to us at:
Bord Gáis Energy, Data Protection Opt-Out, P.O. Box 10310, Freepost F4062, Dublin 1