Terms and Conditions of Online / “Paperless” Billing and Communications for Bord Gáis Energy
Residential customers - December 2020
These are our standard terms and conditions applicable to our Paperless service. As a Paperless customer you will be deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions from the date that you sign up to Paperless in accordance with clause 3 below.
In these terms and conditions:-
"Bord Gáis Energy" or "we" or "us" means Bord Gáis Energy Limited, a company incorporated in Ireland with registration number 463078 and registered office at One Warrington Place, Dublin 2.
"You" means you the customer who has signed up for Paperless (defined below). Where you are more than one person or entity, each person or entity is jointly and severally liable for your obligations under these terms and conditions.
1. By signing up to the Bord Gáis Energy (“BGE”) online billing and communications service you will agree to:-
- only receive your bills and communications from BGE online via your BGE online account (which is managed through the BGE website at www.bordgaisenergy.ie); and
- no longer receive paper bills or communications in the post (“Paperless”).
- Gas and Electricity residential customers and Home Care customers are eligible for Paperless. If you want to sign up to Paperless you must be a residential electricity or gas customer or a Home Care customer with BGE who is registered for an online account. By having an online account, you have agreed to the Online Account Management Terms and Conditions at www.bordgaisenergy.ie/resources/terms-conditions-of-online-customer-account-management. Paperless is also available to customers who have signed up to BGE’s “Mobile App” service and agreed to our “Mobile App” Terms and Conditions. (Please note that Home Care customers cannot use our “Mobile App” to view their Home Care bills and communications). Business and pre-payment metered (PAYG) customers are not eligible for Paperless.
2. In order to register or de-register for Paperless, you must log into your online account and turn on/off Paperless through the ‘Paperless Billing/ Communications’ section. This section can be found on the left-hand navigation of your Online Account profile. Depending on whether you registered for Paperless or deregistered from Paperless there will be a period of seven days before we will begin to send you online communications; or cease sending you online communications and revert back to sending you paper bills/statements/ communications through the post as the case may be.
3. Once you have registered for Paperless, you will receive an email to your registered email address notifying you that your bill and/or communication is ready to view online.
4. You must provide us with an up-to-date email address at all times. If you need to update your email address you can do this at any time simply by clicking on the ‘Edit User Details’ function which can be found on the left-hand navigation of your online account profile at www.bordgaisenergy.ie. BGE accepts no responsibility or liability for any email addresses which are not valid.
5. It is your responsibility to keep your username and password secure at all times. BGE assumes that if your username and password is used to log into your online account then you are logged in or have given permission to a third party to log in on your behalf.
6. By signing up to Paperless you automatically agree to receive all of your bills and set communications (as determined by BGE) into your online account. You cannot set preferences for the delivery method of different types of bills and communications.
7. As a Paperless customer, you are still subject to BGE’s standard terms and conditions of gas or electricity supply which can be found at www.bordgaisenergy.ie/resources/terms-and-conditions/. If you are a Home Care customer then you are still subject to our Home Care terms and conditions for the service/ product you have chosen. These can be found at www.bordgaisenergy.ie/resources/terms-and-conditions/.
8. Signing up to Paperless does not mean that you are required to pay your bill online. We will continue to take payment by whatever means you have previously chosen. As set out in our standard terms and conditions of supply, if you do not pay your gas or electricity bill, your energy supply will be liable for disconnection.
9. BGE will send certain customer communications (for example, letters about your account, terms and conditions, gas safety information, marketing information (where applicable)) to your online account management profile. We will do this except where we are required to send you a letter in the post for regulatory or legal reasons. We will send you an email notification asking you to view your new communication. Please note that you will not be able to view letters via the BGE “Mobile App”. It is recommended that you log-in to your online account using a means other than the Mobile App to view letters.
10. BGE recommends that you check your online account regularly or whenever you receive an email notification telling you that you have a new bill or communication in your online account. BGE accepts no responsibility or liability if you fail to log into your online account to view your bills and communications.
11. The Paperless service may be withdrawn or varied at any time by BGE. We will notify you if this is the case. We may suspend any or all of the Paperless service at any time for any such reason as we may consider necessary to allow us to inspect, maintain, renew, repair or revise our website, systems or processes.
12. We reserve the right to remove you from Paperless at any time if you do not adhere to these terms and conditions.
13. BGE reserves the right to amend or update these terms and conditions at any time.