If you smell gas:
- Don't smoke, vape or use a naked flame.
- Don't switch anything electrical on or off. E.g. doorbells, switches or appliances.
- Open windows and doors to let the gas disperse.
- Check your appliances to see if the gas has been left on without being lit.
- If the smell persists, Gas Networks Ireland advises that you turn off the gas at the meter. View Gas Network Ireland's guide to switching off your gas supply.
- Call the Gas Networks Ireland 24-hour Emergency Service on 1800 20 50 50 - don't assume someone else has.
- If you can't get through, dial 999 .
- If your phone is in the immediate area of a leak, use a neighbour's phone.