How do I qualify and apply for a microgen payment?
You may qualify for a microgen payment from Bord Gáis Energy if:
- Your electricity is supplied by Bord Gáis energy.
- You're exporting electricity to the grid and have sent an NC6 or equivalent form to ESB (Electricity Supply Board) Networks to connect your microgenerator to the grid. If you're unsure if you have sent an application form, your supplier can check this, or you can contact ESB Networks to confirm.
- If you're eligible for a smart meter, you must have one installed to qualify for a payment. Legacy 24 hour meters (also known as MCC01 meters) are not eligible for microgen payments.
You'll also need to accept our Microgen Export plan terms and conditions to receive a payment.
If you're eligible to sign up to our Microgeneration Export Plan, you can sign up via your online account by following the below steps:
- Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, register here.
- Click on the grey banner 'You can sell your surplus energy' from within your account list or account details page, and follow the steps to sign up.
Please note, your payment will be made every six months as a credit to your supply invoice. For more information on microgeneration and our rates, please visit our microgeneration page.