Submitting meter readings where possible is a good way of ensuring more accuracy of your bills and can help save you money. There are a few quick and easy ways that you can submit a meter reading online which we have listed below. If you are unsure on how to read your meter, please follow our step by step guide.
Bord Gáis Energy online account
Once you have signed-in to your online account, simply follow a couple of steps which we have listed below to submit your meter reading.
If you do not have an online account, you can simply register.
Step 1: Select the account that you would like to submit a meter reading for.
Step 2: In the middle of your account summary page, click the ‘SUBMIT A READING’.
Step 3: Simply enter your meter reading into the field displayed. Once you have entered your meter reading, click the 'Submit' button.
If your read has been submitted, a successful message will appear to confirm that your meter reading has been sent for approval to either Gas Networks Ireland or ESB Networks.
Please note: there are some scenarios where an unsuccessful message may appear, and this can be due the following:
- If the meter reading you have entered is lower than your last actual read, this will not be accepted.
- If your meter has not been read in more than twelve months, a special read would be required. For further information on special reads, please get in touch with us.
- If your meter type is not supported through our online service, you will need to submit your meter readings directly through Gas Networks Ireland and/or ESB Networks.
Bord Gáis Energy mobile app
Simply download the MyBGE app to submit your meter readings through your mobile or tablet device.
Gas Networks Ireland / ESB Networks
You can submit a meter reading directly to either of the networks via the submit a meter reading online function;
It is important to note when submitting reads online;
- If the read(s) you have submitted are not accepted by Gas Networks Ireland / ESB Networks, we are unable to issue a bill using the submitted read(s).
- Networks may not accept the read(s) you have submitted if it is not in line with previous reads received.
- You may not always see the exact reading you have submitted reflected on your bill however, networks will still use the read(s) to improve their estimate of your usage.