Help & Questions - Small Business - Moving Premises / Changes to your account

Non Flash Content - Neutons cradle

Moving Premises / Changes to your account

What do I need if I am moving premises?

If you're planning on moving premises, you must give us 28 days notice. Please contact our Business Direct Team and we'll help you make the necessary arrangements. Please have your account number, account name and GPRN/MPRN available.

You’ll need to provide us with your final meter reading and a forwarding address for your final bill. If you can’t provide a closing meter reading you can agree an estimated reading with us or provide access to Gas Networks Ireland/ ESB Networks to lock the meter. We'll then issue you with your final bill.

Please note that you remain liable for all energy consumed until you provide/agree a meter reading or the energy supply has been turned off.

When you have taken ownership of your new premise, you will need to take an opening meter read. You will then need to contact the Business Direct Team to discuss your new premise and determine if your price plan needs to change depending on your requirements.s

Customers on a Fixed Term Contract should refer to your Terms and Conditions as closing your account before the contract term has ended will result in an early exit fee.

How much notice do I need to give when moving premises?

You must give us 28 days notice by either writing to us or by calling our Business Direct Team. Please have your account number, account name and GPRN/MPRN available.

Change of tenancy/ Change of legal entity

If you are changing your company name or the occupancy of a premise you will need to fill out the applicable Customer Agreement Form and return to our Business Direct Team.

Gas Customer Agreement Form.pdf (208KB)

Electricity Customer Agreement Form.pdf (653KB)

How do I close my account?

If you wish to close your account, please contact our Business Direct Team and they will bring you through the necessary steps to closing your account.