Am I eligible for a microgeneration payment with Bord Gáis Energy?
- You'll need to be a customer of Bord Gáis Energy for your electricity supply to qualify for a microgeneration export payment with us. View our available plans.
- In addition, you must be exporting electricity to the grid and have submitted an NC6 or equivalent form to ESB (Electricity Supply Board) Networks to connect your microgenerator. If you're unsure if you've sent an application form, you can contact ESB Networks to confirm this.
- If you've a 24 hour meter (also known as an MCC01 meter) and are eligible for a smart meter, you'll need to get one installed by ESB Networks, so that your export volume can be measured. If you’re not eligible for a smart meter at this time, your export volume will be calculated based on your Deemed Export Quantity.
If you're eligible to sign up to our Microgeneration Export Plan, you can sign up via your online account by following the below steps:
- Sign in to your online account. If you don't have an account, register here.
- Click on the grey banner 'You can sell your surplus energy' from within your account list or account details page, and follow the steps to sign up.
Please note, your payment will be made every six months as a credit to your supply invoice. For more information on microgeneration and our rates, please visit our microgeneration page.