I've moved out and forgot to tell you, what should I do?

Don't worry, just contact us and provide us with the information outlined below. 

Information you must provide when closing your existing account:

  • A meter reading*
    Providing us with a final read ensures you're only billed for the consumption you used up to the point of leaving the premise. See How do I read my meter? for help with reading your meter.
  • Contact details for the landlord or the new occupier
    This will help minimise the risk of meter disconnection.
  • Forwarding address for your final bill
    This ensures your final bill and any other correspondence relating to your closed account reaches you directly.
    This number is located on the top right-hand corner of your bill.
  • Account number
    This number can also be found at the top of your bill.

You can also request to have a new account set up for your new home. You'll need to provide us with the information outlined below:

Information to provide us with to set up your new account for your new home:

  • Address for your new home
  • MPRN/GPRN (this number is located on the top right-hand corner of your bill)
  • A meter reading*

*If you're unable to provide us with a meter reading, our customer service agents can provide you with an estimate reading to close your account. The estimated read, while based on historic consumption, may not be as accurate as an actual read. You'll be asked to provide verbal approval before we can use this estimate as your closing read. Please keep in mind that amending closing estimates is at the discretion of the corresponding network company and may not always be approved.

Please note: If you're a landlord and your tenants have moved out of your property, please let us know. You must sign on to the account for the interim duration until new tenants move in to your property to avoid disconnection.