Bord Gáis Energy announces price decrease for residential gas and dual fuel customers
- Residential gas customers to save €31.60 per annum
- Residential dual fuel customers to save €14.83* per annum
- Residential electricity customers to see increase of €16.77* per annum
27 September 2019: Bord Gáis Energy has today announced a 4% decrease in the gas unit rate and standing charge for residential gas customers which will take effect from 28 October 2019. Residential electricity customers will see a 2.5% increase in their electricity unit rate and standing charge from 28 October 2019 due to increases in the costs associated with the supply of electricity.
This reduction in gas prices will decrease a typical gas bill by €31.60 per year. Dual fuel customers will see a decrease of €14.83* per year on a typical dual fuel bill. Electricity customers will see an increase of €16.77* per year on a typical electricity bill.
Colin Bebbington, Retail Director, Bord Gáis Energy said; “We have continually committed to passing on savings to customers where possible and today’s announcement regarding our gas price reduction further demonstrates this. Factors beyond our control have led us to need to increase electricity prices, however we will continue to monitor costs closely and do all we can to ensure that our customers are receiving the best possible prices for their energy.
Our customers can also benefit from additional savings on their household bills through the Rewards Club, which to date this has saved customers over €13 million. With our services and gas bundle, existing customers can avail of a 14% discount off their gas prices when signing up to our 365 Homecare products. Customers who wish to enter a dual fuel contract can avail of Hive Home heating free of charge which equates to a saving of €299.”
To support customers in managing their energy consumption in a more sustainable manner, Bord Gáis Energy also offers the Hive range of smart energy management products. The Hive Active Heating range empowers customers to control their heating and hot water from their phone or tablet, helping them to manage their home energy consumption more efficiently and reduce their bills.
Notes to editor:
* These figures include the reduction in the PSO levy due to come into effect on 1 October. The PSO levy decrease amounts to €8.71 per year and €0.73 per month.
- Today's announcement includes a 4% decrease in gas unit rate and standing charge and a 2.5% increase in electricity unit rate and standing charge, which equates to a 3.78% decrease and a 1.56% increase on the bill respectively.
- These figures are based on electricity usage of 4,200 kWh per annum and is based on the typical residential gas customer with a gas usage of 11,000 kWh per annum. Typical usage is as defined by the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU).
- Customers must continue to pay by Level Pay Direct Debit and receive Paperless bills to continue to receive discounts.
- Prices may vary during the customers contract.
- See bordgaisenergy.ie for full terms and conditions.
For further media information:
Naomi Steen, PR Manager, Bord Gáis Energy, M: 086 701 5226
Irene Gowing, Communications manager, Bord Gáis Energy, M: 087 267 3964
Alan Tyrrell, Teneo T: 01 661 4055
About Bord Gáis Energy:
Established in 1976, Bord Gáis Energy is an energy supply and services company with a strong Irish heritage. In 2014 the company became part of Centrica plc, a leading international energy services and solutions provider that is founded on a 200-year heritage of serving people. Bord Gáis Energy supplies energy and services to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses in the Republic of Ireland. We are focused on satisfying the changing needs of our customers, enabling them to transition to a lower carbon future.
Visit our help section for more on price changes for residential gas & electricity customers.