Dual Fuel 24 month Contract + Free Hive + Amazon Echo Dot Offer
Terms and Conditions of Offer
1. This offer entitles new and existing residential Bord Gáis Energy customers to a free single zone Hive Active Heating Hub (“Hive”), including installation plus a free Amazon Echo Dot, upon signing up to BGE’s 24-month Dual Fuel contract for the supply of electricity and gas or to BGE’s Dual Fuel Smart Meter Terms and Conditions. BGE may also offer a 12-month discount on our Standard Rates for each 12 month period of the Commitment Period. Any discounts on our electricity and gas standard rates will be offered at the time of sign-up.
2. Dual Fuel contract: This offer requires you to pay by direct debit and to sign up for paperless billing. As our Dual Fuel contract contains a commitment period of 24 months (the “Commitment Period”), you must remain a customer of Bord Gáis Energy for the Commitment Period. If you terminate the agreement and/or change supplier for either natural gas or electricity or both before the expiry of the Commitment Period then we have the right to charge you an early exit fee. The early exit fee is €50 and will be applied to your account. We will send you a notice at least 30 days and no more than 60 days prior to the end of your Commitment Period. The BGE Standard Terms and Conditions of Electricity and Gas Supply (Fixed Term Contract) or BGE’s Dual Fuel Smart Meter Terms and Conditions apply to your Dual Fuel contract with us.
3. Hive Installation:- Once a customer signs up to a 24 month Dual Fuel Contract via: • Online or a field sales agent – they will receive an email within 3 days containing instructions on how to arrange their Hive installation appointment. • A call with a BGE telesales agent – an appointment will be arranged at time of offer sign up
4. Hive Active Heating: This offer includes one single heating zone + one hot water zone. Additional zones are available at a charge of €119 per zone. To operate Hive, you must have a compatible boiler and tablet/smartphone/Wi-Fi. In order to receive your Hive, you must book in your installation within three months of signing up for this offer. If you don’t book in your installation within those three months, we may no longer be in a position to offer you the Hive. The Terms and Conditions of Sale: Hive and the Terms and Conditions of Hive Installation apply to the installation of your Hive. This offer is not available if you have already installed Hive in your home. If during installation, it is discovered that the customer’s boiler is not compatible, and Hive Active Heating cannot be installed, then the customer will be provided with an Amazon Echo Dot and a free boiler service or safety check as an alternative under the 24 month Dual Fuel Contract.
5. Amazon Echo Dot: The Amazon Echo Dot is Amazon's super smart speaker you can control with your voice – powered by Alexa your very own virtual assistant. You can use it with Hive to control your heating and lights. It can also play music, give you the weather forecast or order a pizza. Plug it into the wall and follow the instructions. This offer is limited to one Echo Dot per customer, is subject to availability and can be withdrawn at any time. This offer is only available when a customer signs up to the 24-month Dual Fuel contract with a free Hive. The Amazon Echo Dot is only available if Hive is being installed as part of this offer. If you already have Hive installed in your home before signing up to this offer, unfortunately you are not eligible to receive the Amazon Echo Dot. In the unlikely event that your Amazon Echo Dot develops a fault, please phone us on 01 611 01 01 to report the issue and we will arrange for a replacement device to be issued. You will be required to return the faulty product to us at Bord Gáis Energy, PO Box 10943 and incur a postal charge for this. The Amazon Echo Dot may be provided in the colour sandstone or charcoal. The colour will be at our discretion and will be dependent on our supply. In the unlikely event that your Amazon Echo Dot develops a fault, please phone us on 01 611 01 01 to report the issue and we will arrange for a replacement device to be issued. You will be required to return the faulty product to us at Bord Gáis Energy, PO Box 10943 and incur a postal charge for this.
6. Cancellation: You have a right to cancel this Offer, without charge, within 14 days from the date you sign up by using the cancellation form on our website at www.bordgaisenergy.ie/cancellationform/ or by contacting us directly. However, where we have already: • begun to supply you with gas and electricity during this 14 day period, you agree to pay for all electricity and Natural Gas supplied to you up to the date of cancellation; and/or • installed your Hive, you agree to reimburse us €299 for the Hive installation or you can choose to have the Hive uninstalled at a cost of €159; and/or • already provided you with the Amazon Echo Dot, you agree to reimburse us €44.30 which is the RRP of the Amazon Echo Dot. If you cancel outside of the Commitment Period, an Early Exit Fee of €50 may apply to the Dual Fuel Contract as set out at section 2 above and a €30 administration fee will apply for any cancellation for Hive on less than 24 hours’ notice.
7. Terms and Conditions: To avail of this offer, you must agree to the BGE Standard Terms and Conditions of Electricity and Gas Supply (Fixed Term Contract) or the BGE Dual Fuel Smart Meter Terms and Conditions, and the Terms and Conditions of Hive Installation and the Terms and Conditions Hive Sale.
8. Privacy Information: To understand how Bord Gáis Energy uses personal data, please review the Gas and Electricity Supply Privacy Notice at: www.bordgaisenergy.ie/docs/DataProtection/GasElecPrivacyNotice.pdf and the Hive Sale and Installation Privacy Notice at: www.bordgaisenergy.ie/docs/DataProtection/HiveSaleInstallationPrivacyNotice.pdf . For privacy information relating to your ongoing use of Hive and the Hive App, please visit www.hivehome.com/ie/privacy . To understand how Amazon uses personal data relating to your use of the Echo Dot please read the instructions provided by Amazon accompanied with the Echo Dot.
9. Complaints Procedure: If you are unhappy with any service or contact that you have with us, you can register your complaint with us in any of the following ways: • by calling our customer service representatives at 01 611 01 01; • by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or through our website at www.bordgaisenergy.ie; or • by letter to Customer Care, Bord Gáis Energy, PO Box 10943, Freepost F4062, Dublin 2.
10. The offer is as stated and NO CASH ALTERNATIVES OR REFUNDS will be offered.
11. Bord Gáis Energy is not obliged to enter into written correspondence regarding this offer. The promoter is Bord Gáis Energy, PO Box 10943, Dublin 2.
12. This offer cannot be used on pre-existing orders or in conjunction with any other discount or promotional offer.
13. Bord Gáis Energy reserves the right to amend these terms and conditions at its sole discretion.