Second price drop in six months saves customers €97.53* in total
For the second time in under six months, Bord Gáis Energy has cut the cost of energy for their customers across electricity and gas.
Today’s significant price drop for all residential gas and electricity customers will take effect from 1 May 2020, with savings of €82.70 for dual fuel householders across the country.
This drop will amount to €43.01 off an annual gas bill and €36.69 off an annual electricity bill. Today’s announcement marks Bord Gáis Energy’s second reduction in gas and dual fuel prices in six months, with the company being the only energy provider to lower the price of gas in 2019.
Colin Bebbington, Retail Director, Bord Gáis Energy said; As the helpful energy company we continually commit to customers that we will pass on savings where we can. This new price drop is in addition to the reduction we gave customers last October when we were the only supplier to reduce prices ahead of the winter period. The saving over these two reductions amounts to €97.53* for dual fuel customers annually.
We are also excited to share the news today of our helpful new price plans that recognise those who have stayed with Bord Gáis Energy over the years. These plans will give loyal customers even more price reductions, in addition to those announced today, and we will have details about these coming soon.
To support customers in managing their energy consumption in a more sustainable manner, Bord Gáis Energy also offers the Hive range of smart energy management products. The Hive Active Heating range empowers customers to control their heating and hot water from their phone or tablet, helping them to manage their home energy consumption more efficiently and reduce their bills.
Terms and Conditions
- *€97.53 - Annual savings compared to May 2019 price plans.
- Today's announcement includes a 6.5% decrease in gas unit rate and a 4.5% decrease in electricity unit rate, which equates to a 5.3% decrease and a 3.6% decrease on the bill respectively.
- These figures are based on electricity usage of 4,200 kWh per annum and is based on the typical residential gas customer with a gas usage of 11,000 kWh per annum. Typical usage is as defined by the Commission for Regulation of Utilities (CRU).
- Customers must continue to pay by Level Pay and/or Direct Debit and receive Paperless bills to continue to receive discounts.
- Prices may vary during the customers contract.
- See bordgaisenergy.ie for full terms and conditions.
For further media information:
Naomi Steen, PR Manager, Bord Gáis Energy, M: 086 701 5226
Irene Gowing, Communications Manager, Bord Gáis Energy, M: 087 267 3964
Alan Tyrrell, Teneo T: 01 661 4055
About Bord Gáis Energy:
Established in 1976, Bord Gáis Energy is an energy supply and services company with a strong Irish heritage. In 2014 the company became part of Centrica plc, a leading international energy services and solutions provider that is founded on a 200-year heritage of serving people.
Bord Gáis Energy supplies energy and services to hundreds of thousands of homes and businesses in the Republic of Ireland. We are focused on satisfying the changing needs of our customers, enabling them to transition to a lower carbon future.
Visit our help section for more on price changes for residential gas & electricity customers.