We've listed some tips below on how to help reduce the cost of your energy bills:
- Submit regular meter reads: To improve the accuracy of your bills and ensure you only pay for the energy you use, we recommend submitting regular meter readings. For information on how to submit a reading, click here.
- Energy saving tips: To help reduce the cost of your bills, take a look at our energy saving tips for some tips to reduce your energy usage. You can also check out our Imagine a Better Way series, our online series which aims to educate our customers on home energy upgrades and how to make their homes more energy efficient and sustainable.
- Service your boiler: Servicing your boiler regularly increases efficiency and saves money. Read more here for information our boiler service offers.
- Hive: With our Hive product, you can reduce your energy bills by controlling the energy you use. To find out more about Hive and other smart products, click here.
- Home energy upgrades and retrofitting: Upgrading and retrofitting your home to improve energy efficiency is the best way to reduce your energy bills, while also reducing your carbon footprint. We're partnering with Energlaze Home Energy Upgrades, a market-leading company in the development and installation of energy efficient and renewable products. For more information on home energy upgrades with Energlaze, click here.
- Working from home: If you work from home, you may be entitled to e-working tax relief. More information on this is available on the Revenue website.
- We offer a Special Services Register for gas and electricity customers who are particularly vulnerable to disconnection during the winter months, such as customers who have a disability, or those who are over 66 and living alone. If you wish to register for special services, please fill out our online form.
- We also offer a Priority Services Register for electricity customers who are critically dependent on electrically-powered equipment, which may include life-protecting devices, assistive technologies, to support independent living and medical equipment. If you wish to register for priority services, please fill out our online form.
In these challenging and uncertain times, if you've concerns about paying your bill please click here for more information.